The Data Discovery and Access service is based on the SeaDataNet CDI system which provides an overview and a unified user interface for requesting access and downloading of survey data sets from an increasing number of distributed data providers. The majority of these survey data sets require negotiation with their owners for downloading by users.
The Composite Products Discovery and Access service is based on the Sextant Catalogue service which provides an overview of composite DTM that have been contributed by a number of data providers as contributions to the EMODnet DTM instead of contributing their higher resolution survey data sets.
The Bathymetry Viewing and Download service is a map viewer which allows users to view, browse and download digital bathymetry as DTM and to obtain information about the underlying data sets used to compile the DTM. This service provides users with a range of functions for browsing and downloading the EMODnet DTM such as:
- Multiple map layers that can be switched on / off and each interrogated for their specific information;
- Zoom in - zoom out and panning;
- Retrieval of the DTM cell parameters such as minimum cell depth, maximum cell depth, average cell depth, standard deviation of the cell depth, number of depths used for interpolation of cell depth, number of subcells used for the computation of the average cell depth, source reference by CDI reference, composite DTM reference or GEBCO in case of missing data;
- Retrieval of depth profiles along a track;
- Addition of external WMS map layers as an overlay such as the CDI WMS layer;
- Activation of a source layer indicating for each cell its underlying prevailing data source;
- Downloading of DTM tiles in different formats: ESRI ASCII, XYZ, CSV, NetCDF, GeoTiff and SD for Fledermaus 3 D viewer software.