EMOD-PACE work plan
This challenging project will run for a duration of 30 months. To achieve its ambitious objectives the project has been broken down into the following separate - however related - Work Packages:
- Work Package 1 provides visibility to the project results and gives access to data and products currently available in EMODnet, and NMDIS as well as those developed during the project. This is carried out via the EMODnet Central Web Portal and it will be the central entry point for the project. The dedicated web-page will display the results, promote cooperation and facilitate dialogue. The website will be bilingual (English-Chinese). NMDIS will also host a Chinese language version of the site on their central portal.
- Work Package 2 is tackling data interoperability to facilitate a maximised interoperability of marine data between the EU (EMOD-network of data providers and others) and China exclusively through the NMDIS marine data systems for China and other parts of Asia. This will be implemented by developing and deploying an ‘EMODnet – NMDIS data brokerage service’ for common discovery and access to data from the EU and Asia via EMODnet NMDIS portals.
- Work Package 3 looks at the similarities and differences between European and Chinese ocean circulation models and reanalysis products. The intention of WP3 is to identify the most promising ways to improve the reanalysis. One European sea-basin and one Asian basin will be the subject of the analysis. The same data will be used by both EU and Chinese teams for calibration and validation.
- Work Package 4 is comparing the European and Chinese numerical models used for seabed habitats and ecosystem vulnerability by analysing the applicability of each side’s models in different areas.
- Work Package 5 Coastal Adaptation will provide data/information products (i.e. digital maps) for the ‘Maritime Silk Route’ Seas for the following:
- Relative and absolute sea level changes.
- Coastal erosion.
- Wetland degradation.
- Vessel traffic density.